Westworth United Church is sponsoring an interfaith dialogue on Truth and Reconciliation. A series of four sessions will bring together First Nations Elders and representatives of various faith communities to discuss:
- What type of healing do we each need?
- What faith-based skills & techniques will help us address truth and reconciliation?
- How does our faith teach us to be treaty people?
- How can our faith community respond to the TRC Calls to Action?
MONDAY, MARCH 11 7- 9 PM
at Congregation Etz Chayim, 123 Matheson Ave. East.
• Shahina Siddiqui, Executive Director of Islamic Social Services Association.
• Theodore Fontaine, Sagkeeng Elder, survivor of Fort Alexander & Assiniboia Residential Schools .
MONDAY, MARCH 18 7- 9 PM
at Manitoba Buddhist Temple, 39 Tecumseh St.
• Steve Heinrichs, Director, Indigenous-Settler Relations at Mennonite Church Canada.
• Stan McKay, Cree Elder and former Moderator of the United Church of Canada.
MONDAY, MARCH 25 7- 9 PM
at Winnipeg Central Mosque, 715 Ellice Ave.
• Brian McLeod, Buddhist Lama in the Vajrayana and Theravadin traditions.
• Adrian Jacobs, Cayuga Elder and Keeper of the Circle at Sandy Saulteaux Spiritual Centre.
MONDAY, APRIL 1 7- 9 PM
at Westworth United Church, 1750 Grosvenor Ave.
• Ruth Ashrafi, Judaic Studies Advisor at Gray Academy of Jewish Education and Instructor of Hebrew Bible at the University of Winnipeg.
• Chickadee Richard, Anishinaabe Elder and Co-Founder of the Bear Clan.
For more info, contact Rev. Loraine MacKenzie Shepherd, Westworth United Church (204) 489-6974, ext. 22; email@example.com.
This event is supported by a grant from the Winnipeg Foundation Truth and Reconciliation Fund.