Effective, officially August 16th, 2014, Debbie McLeod becomes Director of Music at Westworth United Church. Debbie brings passion and a wealth of experience in the field of music to her new role. In addition to an extensive education background in several music related fields, a sampling of her previous life experiences include:
- Arts Department Head at Westwood Collegiate
- Choir and Music Theatre Teacher at Sturgeon Creek Collegiate
- Directing Divisional Choirs in the St. James-Assiniboia School
- Directing the Provincial Honor Choir and West Manitoba Youth Choir
- Board Member of the Manitoba Choral Association
- Interim Organist at Young United Church (substitute at many other
- Founder and Director of “Vocal Ascent” Community Choir
Excerpts from Debbie’s May 25th, 2014 cover letter to Westworth United Church:
“I view music as an integral part of ministering to the spiritual needs of a congregation. It provides encouragement and solace in times of trial, inspiration and joy in times of celebration, and a means of reflecting on one’s own unique spiritual journey”.
“Working in the field of music gives my life passion and purpose.”
During the interview process, Debbie shared her passion for music and enthusiasm to take her skills forward in the ministry of music. On behalf of the Ministry and Personnel Committee and the ad-hoc committee tasked with seeking an individual to become our new Music Director, please join me in extending the warmest of welcomes to Debbie. We are very excited to have someone of Debbie’s talents and energy join us at Westworth and look forward with anticipation, to the coming church season.